July 5, 2011

HP TouchPad Unboxing, Comparison to iPad & PlayBook

Posted at 5:18 AM by admin
I started up the HD camera to record this unboxing video of the HP TouchPad the sky turned dark and it started to thunder, rain and hail (I'm not even exaggerating a little bit here... check out today's weather in Winnipeg).

With our chief webOS guru Derek Kessler mainly tied up for a few more days with non-PreCentral commitments, I thought I'd take this as an opportunity to drop a few blog posts here on PreCentral (shhh.. don't tell anybody at CrackBerry.com). The truth is, I've been really excited to give the HP TouchPad a try. I was actually in the audience at CES when webOS was officially unveiled to the world by Palm, and have always been a fan of the webOS way of doing things. That said, I was of course pleasantly surprised when RIM's BlackBerry PlayBook showed up with a UI design that looked a lot like webOS. And while I do like the BlackBerry PlayBook, I can't help but wish sometimes that the display was bigger, like the iPad. Put it all together and you'll get why I've been anxious to spend some time on the TouchPad.


Check out the video above to see me go through the ritual unboxing of the HP TouchPad. I take a look at what ships in the box and do some quick hardware comparisons to the Apple iPad 2 and BlackBerry PlayBook. With the unboxing out of the way, I plan to spend tonight getting up to speed on webOS 3 and will probably drop a few more posts here over the next couple of days. I figure a perspective from a newbie wouldn't be a bad thing for some of the people considering webOS for the first time (for a more indepth look be sure to check out our in-depth HP TouchPad Review). And if there's any posts you'd like to see us cover that we haven't yet, be sure to drop them in the comments and we'll get them done.

Be gentle on me webOS nation, it's my first time unboxing one of these babies. Enjoy the show! [Source: precentral.net]

Related Post



0 comments:

Post a Comment